You’re probably thinking, “What in the world? Spaghetti Cake? What is this girl up to now?” You read it right: Spaghetti Cake. Remember last week’s post of 26 cakes and right in the middle of all the deliciousness was a plate of spaghetti and meatballs? Well today, I’m going to share how I made such a delicious cake turn into spaghetti and meatballs. I’ll probably kick myself later for giving away all my secrets, but this is just too fun NOT to share, especially if there is a birthday coming up. I mean how many people can say they got a spaghetti cake?
What you will need:
1 box vanilla cake mix (and everything that goes with it i.e. egg, oil, etc.)
2 16 oz tubs of vanilla frosting
1 jar strawberry jam
1 package chocolate chips
1 package cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1) First you will bake the cake, let cool and trim the sides to make it into an oval shape. (unless you have an oval shaped pan, which I did not.)
2) Then you will frost the entire cake making sure the sides are completely covered.
3) Melt chocolate chips and cream cheese in a pan. Add powdered sugar and roll into balls. Chill in the fridge.
4) Next, pipe frosting around the outer portion of the cake leaving space in the middle for the “sauce” a.k.a. strawberry jam. The more frosting you pipe, the more realistic the noodles will be.
5) Add the strawberry jam.
6) By now, the meatballs should be chilled enough to add in with the rest of the sauce.
And voila! There you have it: Spaghetti and meatballs in the form of cake. I can’t decide if it is more fun making a cake out of the ‘norm’ or watching everyone’s face as they figure out it’s not spaghetti.
If you try this, be sure to take some pics. I would love to see how you make this creation your own
Until next time, happy trails!